Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nashville bound...

It’s early Tuesday morning here and the sun is rising over the bay. The water is soothingly calm and reflective of the colors of the dawn. I’m sipping my coffee and watching the cats dart their heads around as the sea birds fly over the deck with their unique laughing caw.

In a few hours George and I will be on our way to the Philadelphia airport where I am going to catch a plane for Nashville. I have an art opening there this coming Saturday afternoon. The name of the space is The Arts Company.



I’m looking forward to this experience. I like the gallery and it’s staff, I’ll get to spend some time with my family and friends, and I get to go to an art opening where I am one of the featured artists. That means that I get to meet new people, which is one of my favorite things to do. I now this sounds corny, but only because it is true - every close friend in my life now that I can’t imagine not having in my life, was a total stranger to me when I met them. I always have that thought in the back of my head when I meet people, especially at an art opening.

The other added plus is that the people that you meet at an art opening, are usually there because they have connected with your work in some way and they want to express that to you. In fact, they are often looking forward to meeting you – so, already the cards are stacked in your favor. At that point, it is all about being gracious, charming, and witty – which is my favorite way to be.

No comments: