Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday

Yes. I know that I just posted a self-portrait yesterday, but this is Tuesday. I haven't posted a self-portrait for SPT in a long time. I was feeling particularly experimental with Photoshop, the one software program that I would be lost without, and came up with this...



One of the many reasons that I love Photoshop so much is that the possibilities of what can be done with it are endless. For example, that photo above, was actually taken in my attic/office with a self-timer. I promise you that my attic/office does NOT look like a lovely Italianate doorway in Venice. The lovely architecture behind me is actually from a photo that I took last October while in Venice. I simply removed myself from the attic/office ( another image from the series was posted yesterday - see post below this one) , added a drop shadow, placed myself in the doorway, added some cool filters, and viola, I've a hip image of myself relaxing in the a most lovely Venice doorway.

Of course, this is also one of the reasons that I am very circumspect with most web and print images that I find out there, especially those dealing with news or celebrities. If people knew how amazingly easy it is to alter any photograph or video with the technology available today, they would be wise to be circumspect as well. On the other hand, it's a fantastic tool for the artist!

No comments: