Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New work...

It's Wednesday. The top headlines today, of course, are brimming with the news of actor Heath Ledger's unexpected death and the economy. Possibly even the death of the American economy as we know it, or something close to it. Perhaps even worldwide. Hmm...



Enough depressing news about death and puerile village idiots. Here's my latest work of art. It's entitled "One Thought".


"One Thought"
acrylic, ephemeral and vintage photographic mixed-media collage on canvas.
6" x 12"
2008
© Michael Sprouse


I haven't painted the portrait of a man in quite some time. I believe the last painting that I created of a man would be a commissioned portrait, and that was actually a portrait of a man and his wife. So, perhaps that doesn't actually count as a portrait of a man - singular.

I went to the gym for the first time in many moons this morning. I'm still not sure if I'm pleased with my gym or not based upon the money that I spend each month for it. I've decided to give it one more month. If I take advantage of it during that time period, then I'll keep it. If not, then I'll figure out my own exercising routine. Which may just consist of chasing the cats around with giant cymbals.

Of course I would never do that. But, it does create a rather fun image in a dark way.


No comments: