Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ah one and ah two and ah three...



For some reason, I have been noticing number sequences like the one above frequently and I don't know why. I'm guessing that it's been happening for about the last 3 to 4 weeks. They sequences have not gone over the number 6 that I can recall. This means that I've been seeing sequences like 123, or 345, or 234. Frankly, it's starting to seem rather odd, as if there is some reason that I've been seeing them.

As I said, it began about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I went through somewhat a little phase of insomnia. For several nights in a row, I would wake up at 3:45 AM. The insomnia passed, but the oddness surrounding the number did not. Surely, I told myself, I am somehow subconsciously waking myself up at that exact time in order to see that number sequence on the clock for some reason.

I have come across others that have done that same thing. They tell me that they have been noticing 1:11 on clocks.
"I'll just look up randomly, and it will be 1:11.", they informed me.
Of course, I know that they were subconsciously making themselves glance at a clock at that time for some reason. Perhaps to add a bit of drama into their lives, who knows.

But my experience seems different.

I noticed this after I finally left the insomnia behind. I was enjoying a lovely deep sleep when I was roused by my cell phone. It was a wrong number of course. Some deep voiced drunken fellow asking for Shelia.



After a bit of convincing that I wasn't Shelia and that she wasn't with me. I noticed the time on my phone. 3:45 AM. Not long afterwards, my scale which I have now noticed is broken, registered my weight at 234.5. It's not working, but those are the numbers that pop up no matter what is placed on it from my cat to my shoe.

Now, I've been seeing it appear on almost a daily basis. Yes, from clocks, but also street signs, addresses, microwave timers in display windows. In fact, my MacBook Pro battery icon now shows that I have one hour and twenty three minutes left of battery time.

I'm really not sure what this phenomena is, if indeed it is a phenomena, or where to research it. Maybe it will fade away like the insomnia. Though, if there is some message from the universe that needs to communicate me through such a number sequence, I hope they can figure out a more productive way to send it out. Perhaps email.

No comments: