Monday, January 28, 2008

Don't Drop the Soap...



I haven't posted a WTF??!! in a while, but this one was to good to pass over without a mention. It's a new board game entitled "Don't Drop the Soap". I first came across it on a posting on Joe.My.God. According to the posting, the game is a "prison-themed board game in which players try to not be raped." WTF??!! Here's the link to the game -

www.gilliusinc.com/dropsoap.html

Personally, I find the whole concept very distasteful and certainly the game pushes the envelope on several levels with its stereotyping and implications regarding race, homosexuality, rape, incarceration, violence and more. The real kicker is that, according to Joe.My.God, the game appears to be the brain child of 23 year old John Sebelius who happens to be the son of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D). It seems that he is selling the game from the Mansion itself with the blessings of his mother (the Govenor) and his father (a magistrate judge).

This just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But perhaps I'm just a bit old fashioned.

No. Wait a second. I'm actually rather hip.

The game isn't a good idea at all.

No comments: