Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday, Monday....


It’s Monday morning. The image above is a drawing that I started last night and finished this morning. I have always liked Mondays actually. I was born on a Monday - Monday, May 17, 1965 at 12:30 in the afternoon in St. Anne’s Hospital in Fall River Massachusetts. That makes me Taurus with Leo rising.
Snort. Snort. Roar. Roar.



I was told by my mother (and I have no idea if this is true or not, but it seems like it could be) that the doctor told her that I was growing “abnormally fast” and that they would have to set a date and put her into artificial labor because it would be dangerous for her and my unborn self to wait full term which would have been in late June I believe.

So, they picked the date of May 17 and I was born at 12:30 that afternoon. I weighed 10 pounds, 6 oz at birth ( supposedly if the story is true, a month and a half premature). My mother was a tiny woman, only 5’3”. I guess it’s possible. It’s funny when I think about the “late June” thing because, with the exception of my sister ( born December 18), my two other brothers were born in late June ( 30th and 20th). I proved to be the exception no matter how hard the fates tried.

I was also informed that St. Anne’s hospital eventually burned to the ground along with many records including all of the records related to my birth. Fortunately, the County Courthouse had what is called a “birth record abstract” on file ( fancy talk for birth-certificate lite), since my original birth certificate managed to “disappear” as well from my parents collection of documents. Of course, if you had ever seen this “collection” you would understand that it was a miracle that any document came out alive once it was entered into the collection. I think that it was compressed under the weight of so many other “documents”, that it was forced into some other mirror universe, or perhaps simply disintegrated into paper and inky baby footprint dust.

Whew. It’s only 8:30 AM and it is a beautiful Spring morning. I think I will head to the beach and look for sea glass after I have my oatmeal. I will return later today with more fascinating stories and events.

No comments: