Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Is that who I think it is???!!!


Let me begin by stating that I was saddened to learn of the death last week of actor Mason Adams. He was a key player in one of my favorite televiosn programs from the late 70’s/early 80’s -” Lou Grant”. . That’s him in the photo above seated. It is obvious by the fact that he is the only one seated at the desk, that his role was an important one. Another interesting fact about Mr. Adams was that it was his voice that was used for the Smucker Jelly ads - “With a name like Smuckers….” You can read his obit here on CNN.com

As stated before, “Lou Grant” was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. True, it is odd that while other little boys were busy with fantasies about putting the pedal to metal on both Daisy Duke and the General Lee...

I was fantasizing about owning my very own desk and electric typewriter at the busy newspaper publication company where Lou Grant worked, sweating out deadlines and fighting for freedom of the press. Ah youth…..


Here is another very interesting story that I came across today - researches have uncovered a 2,300-Year-Old Mummy Unveiled in Egypt stating that they may “have revealed what may be the most beautiful mummy ever found in Egypt,". Read about it here.

I must admit though, that I was taken aback when I realized that the mummy that they describe as “the most beautiful mummy ever found in Egypt," actually turned out to be the following obnoxious celebrity:

Those crazy popular culture starved researchers!

Speaking of being taken aback…would you say that the following photo looks like a photo of Prez. Bush taken in his well documented wild and crazy youthful days?

If so, then you MUST see and read about the rest of the photo - hell, even if you don’t think so, check it out - click here for the scoop!

By the way, guess what I got in the mail yesterday? My very own, "I Did Not Vote 4 Bush" black rubber bracelet.

It‘s very cool, very chic, and, in my case, very honest. If you didn’t vote for him either, then visit www.ididnotvote4bush.com and get your very own bracelet and let your voice be heard!

1 comment:

shoes said...

this is a great blog. i really like the writing style. you made my faves list. i'll be back