Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese."


This is for all film freaks like myself out there…do you recognize the lovely young lady above? I found this image on line today and I just couldn’t stop staring at this incredible image. I must admit that I had no idea who it was at first until I read the name attached to the image - at which point I kept saying, “Really? It just can’t be”.

This happens to be none other than Billie Burke - best known for her role as Glenda The Good Witch from The Wizard Of Oz. I had always read that she was renown for her beauty and for a while she was the total toast of Broadway. Even the famous Florenz Ziegfeld fell head over heels for her and they were married in 1913 until his death in 1932.

She was 54 when she played Glenda the Good Witch and had a long stage and screen career behind her then. To read more about her amazing life - go here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000992/bio

No comments: