Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me

As of this day, I have been in existence in this life on this planet for 40 years.

I entered into this existence in this life on this planet on Monday, May 17th, 1965 at 12:30 in the afternoon.

My Sun is in Taurus, rising in Leo and moon in Sagittarius.

On many levels, I don’t feel any different than I did when I was 20 or 25 or 30 or 35 - though I know I am.

For a very strange experience, go to Google, put in the year you were born and click on the Images link. This will make you feel very strange when you see a visual representation of other things that have occurred or came into being the same time you did. For example, check out the May 1965 cover of the The Saturday Evening Post,



It is Brigitte Bardot under the headline "I Want To Live Forever" ( strangely appropriate) Of course, she was 30 then. Here she is now -



I wonder if she still wants to live forever? I’m not sure I do. A long time yes, forever… no. That’s what my artwork is for.

There are obvious pros and cons to turning 40. I’m going to focus on the pros as long as I possibly can. Tonight, I intend to gather with my friends and guzzle down booze like a man out of prison, today, I intend to be very self-reflective.

Best,

M. Sprouse

www.sprouseart.com

1 comment:

KayCee said...

Happy Birthday!!!