Sunday, July 02, 2006

blondes DO have more fun!

Today is Sunday July 2, 2006. I have spent most of the day recuperating from a very fun Fourth of July party at the home of some new friends Bob and Sandy who live next door to our close friends Larry and Tom (it was they who introduced us to Bob and Sandy). The party started at about 3:00 in the afternoon and lasted until about 1:00 the next morning. There was great food, fun people, fireworks and a frozen margarita machine and two kegs of beer.

George wasn’t able to get there until about 6. I met some really great people that I hope I will see again at some point. Probably will, in fact. Here’s a pic of my new summer look, which I debuted at the party yesterday.



Tee Hee. Just kidding. Here is the actual look…



It was a very spur of the moment hair decision. I haven’t had one of those in a long time, in fact maybe since I went platinum blonde one day on a whim about 6 years ago.



One of the things that I like about being a self-employed professional artist is that the only dress code that I have to adhere to is my own. I am quite grateful that at 41 I still have a “full head of hair (according to many stylists) and that it grows hair grows very quickly and thickly. On the few occasions when I do get a “bad” haircut (not that I consider this one bad at all) it grows quickly enough that no styling blunder lasts very long. Also, If for some reason I don’t like the color after a few days, its very easy to dye it to some color very close to my natural color (which I would call a honey blondish color - with a bit of salt and pepper thrown in – though I’ll admit that sounds more like items found in a pantry rather than my hair color.

No comments: