Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tomayto, Tomahto, Navarro, Novarro and WGAFF

It's Tuesday late morning, it's 800 degrees outside and this is my first entry since last Thursday. I skipped a whole weekend and Monday. But, it's summer time. Everyone and everything should move a bit slower, especially in heat like this. I read earlier this morning that out of the lower 48 states, only 2 would not be at least in the 90's today. Ugh.
I plan on being in my lovely air-conditioned studio painting all day working on my latest portrait commission. In fact, that's what I did yesterday as well - one of the reasons that I didn't post to the blog. I felt like spending more time in front of a canvas yesterday rather than a keyboard - which for me, quite frankly, is how it should be anyway.
In any event, on this Tuesday when there is so much real news and so much real news that isn't getting covered. I ran across the following article that makes for a good WGAFF about the separation of Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro. But first, the obligatory graphic for WGAFF.



And now here is the link to the omniscient, the all important, stop the presses, news story: MTV Curse Claims Carmen & Dave.

Initially, I got that fellow's last name confused with this fellow's last name.



This is Ramon Novarro. He was the Brad Pitt of his day.



Though he was adored by his co-workers and a true heart-throb, he was also gay and not very into being in the closet which eventually affected his Hollywood carer. Sadly, he was brutally murdered by this hustler thug and his brother in 1968.



By the way, I just remembered that it's Self-Portrait Tuesday. I'll close on that and this...

No comments: