Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ice so nice you 'll ask for it twice...


This morning, after a fitful night of tossing and turning thanks to a mindful of vivid and unsettling dream imagery, I blearily headed downstairs to prepare some much needed coffee only to step into a half inch of ice-cold water, which was covering the stone tile floor of my kitchen. It seems that the ice maker in the freezer decided upon it’s own accord to substitute clear sparkling ice cubes with a steady current of frigidly cold water – enough to overfill the ice bin, stream into the fridge below and form a small glacier lake all over the floor.

“Yea!” said I as I danced about gleefully splashing the bitterly cold water into my face and all over my body. “Who needs coffee when I can wake up with this? Oh – praise be unto you almighty Freezer gods!”

Uh huh. This day will get better. It will. It. WILL.

No comments: