Friday, December 01, 2006

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...

How odd. Here it is the first day of December, 2006 and I have my windows open. That's because it happens to be a balmy 66 degrees outside at 8:00 AM. A high of 71 is expected for today. Where do I live where I have my windows open on a December morn you may ask... why New Jersey, of course. Go figure.

Are you familiar with the Internet Movie Archive? Formed in 1996, The IMA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded to build an Internet library, with the purpose of offering permanent access for researchers, historians, and scholars to historical collections that exist in digital format. They have an outstanding collection of films of every kind ranging from classic film, to historic visual documentation, ephemiral films, news reels, vintage cartoons, public service films of all kinds and more. For example, this classic commercial from 1969 titled "VD is for Everbody" (you can opt to stream it by selecting one of the links on the left side of the page). This ran for a few years and I remember as a very young child my siblings and I singing the very catchy jingle around the house having no clue whatsoever as to it's meaning. You'll be pleased that you visited.

I found this story fascinating: Ancient Astronomical Device Thrills Scholars


And now, because it is Friday, here is some totally tasteless Holiday Humor. I guess.

No comments: