Monday, December 04, 2006

Ooo-ka-le-le, Not YOU-ka-le-le

As a professional visual artist, I found the folowing story about DaVinci's fingerprint to be of great interest...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061202/ap_on_sc/leonardo_s_fingerprint



Last night, on a total whim, I purchased this on Ebay...





It's a ukulele. I have always had a crush on the little things, and when well, or even decently made, they can produce a sweet, harmonious laid back sound that reminds me or lazy summers and front porch swings, or even to be more in the season, warming fireplace hearths, soft twinkling lights, and lilting christmas carols.
I have discovered that they have had a recent resurgence in popularity as of late.
I intend to learn how to play it one way or the other. Though I have only dabbled around with musical instruments in my past, I come from a family with strong musical ability on both sides, so I don't think it will be much of a problem to learn, and certainly easier to move about than a piano! Now, watch this amazing ukulele performance...

No comments: