Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's a nice day for a white...xmas tree

Today has become the last day of November, 2006. Again, another week has slipped by my keyboard without a posting. Well, in the spirit of staying in the "now", I'm simply going to focus on the entry that I am writing this very second - the words that you are reading, right now. And of course, like every other event in your life, it is happening now simply because it is impossible for it to happen at any other time. You will never be able to read this entry "later" or "then", since it will always be now when you reach that spot. Obviously, I'm still enthralled with the book that I am now re-reading, "The Power Of Now".



I would also like to take this opportunity to wish a Happy Birthday to rocker Billy Idol. He was born on this day in 1955. From all accounts, he is still an amazing performer. If you search for his image online you will also notice that has kept all of his bad boy sexiness intact, in fact, I think his body actually looks better now than it did 25 years ago.



One of the other things that took up some time over the last couple of days was the decorating of the house for the holidays. In particular, the tree, which fell apart as I was bringing it up from the basement. It's artificial and white, ( we purchased it last year ) but I love the snowy and crisp look that it has. It makes me think of trees from the North Pole or Narnia. This year, I went for white, non-blinking lights and choose only orb ornaments with a high gloss finish to them in shades of red, silver, gold and dark green. So, here tis...



I've had the old tarnished silver star on top for several years now. I found it in the Pottery Barn in Georgetown in the 1990's and have used it every holiday since. I suppose it's one of those things that have become ritualistically tradition, at least until it changes, in the "now", which of course, is the only time that it could change. Tee Hee.

No comments: