Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"You ain't heard nothin' yet!"

The AFI released a new list of all time great movie quotes entitled "100 Years...100 Movie Quotes". I'm not sure why they choose that title as the earliest quote on the list is from 1927's The Jazz Singer ("Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!").

I'm not a big fan of these lists usually because they are so subjective, but overall, I think this is a rather well made list and it is certainly entertaining.

One of my favorite's from the list at #9 is from
All About Eve ("Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.")



I only say this because it happens to be one of my favorite films. If you like "behind the scenes" stories, and classic films, check out All About All About Eve : The Complete Behind-the-Scenes Story of the Bitchiest Film Ever Made! by Sam Staggs. Excellent book.

So here is a link to the list AFI's 100 YEARS...100 MOVIE QUOTES

It actually is fun to read, I remember being a kid playing with my brother trying to do our best Charlton Heston impersonations with the movie quote at #77 on the list...

No comments: