Monday, June 20, 2005

Summer. Summer. Summer!

I had a very busy Monday overall, but I got quite a bit accomplished.

BUT first, I want to wish my wonderful brother, Nicholas - HAPPY BIRTHDAY who was born on this day in 1978.

I remember very clearly that afternoon when my parents went to the hospital. My brother David and I were playing with a neon blue frisbee in the street in front of our house.


The weather was warm and sunny. I was 13 and my brother was 15. Seems like yesterday, but alas it was 27 years ago.....

The reason it was warm was because it was the day before the first day of SUMMER - which occurs on June 21st I think...



I love SUMMER. Very much I do. I think it will be a lovely SUMMER and I intend to enjoy it to the fullest.

I also am very pleased that today was the day that I finally completed this portrait commission that I have spent the last 2 1/2 weeks working on

I can't go into much detail about it except that all three are housemates, 2 are lovers and one has terminal cancer. It was that one with the cancer who commissioned the work as a gift for the other two. I find that very touching and glad to be a part of the process...

1 comment:

anessa arehart said...

what a beautiful painting...
and how touching a story.
They are going to love it.