Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Past Life or Pasta?

A lovely Spring morning is dawning here. I have my windows open, and from where I sit, I can hear the voices of little children conversing with their mothers as they walk to school intermingled with the sounds of chirping birds and the muffled roar of an occasional jet as it passes overhead. It's a comforting sensation and I've not once yet been tempted to turn on the XM Satellite Radio. I listen to the 40's station, usually, in the mornings as I slough off my morning somnolence with each sip of coffee. though, I prefer the sounds of Spring this morning.



I had a great day in the studio yesterday and feel that I will do the same today. As I was winding down my painting day a wonderful friend of mine that I hadn't seen in weeks, Marnie, slowly drove by with a beep of her car horn and stopped in front of my open studio. She parked, came into the studio, and we had a great visit. Shortly before she stopped by, I had just finished inviting Michael and Karen over for a simple dinner and some wine. I haven't seen them in a bit, certainly not since they both shaved their heads for the St. Baldricks group that raises money for kids with cancer.

After they arrived, we all sat in the backyard and had great conversation over wine and scotch. Eventually I threw together a very nice pasta dish with Kielbasa, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, artichoke hearts and more.

Now, because we ate later than I usually do, and also probably due to the Scotch, I feel rather quickly into a deep sleep after I went to bed. But one of my dreams last night was particularly compelling. I think it may have been a past life dream.

It was so vivid and different and it certainly took place in the past. I wish I could remember more of it, but what I do remember is very acute. In the section that I do remember, I have traveled with another man to an immense stone bridge just outside of a large village/town. There were several other military men there and everyone was dressed in very colorful military garb with swords, long robes, and metal helmets. I knew that they were there to meet with and quite possibly kill the man that I was there with. I could tell that he knew this as well.

One thing that I do distinctly remember was that the man that I was with was Asian, quite possibly Chinese. Also, the group of men that we were meeting were definitely not Asian and were more than likely European. Again, I don't know where we were, but I did feel that I was somewhere in Europe, especially Italy. No one, including the fellow that I was with, seemed to take notice of me. It was as if I was some sort of silent observer.

Though the majority of the men by the bridge were on foot, some were on horseback. There was a distinct air of tension and the fellows by the bridge were stony faced to say the least. Though I do remember the Asian man looking somewhat bemused with a slight smirk on his face. I remember thinking, "How can this man look so relaxed? Surely, he knows that he is about to be killed!" This didn't seem to phase him in the least. He, too, was dressed in highly ornamental clothes and was carrying at least two swords, on on either side.

What happened next was like a scene from a Martial Arts film. About 4 or 5 of the men in the group began moving towards the Asian man threateningly. You could see that they were intimidated, but they came forward anyway. The Asian fellow, suddenly began moving like the speed of light. In my dream, it was actually stunning. Though I would normally be repulsed by witnessing such a thing, in the dream I simply witnessed without judgment. It was fascinating. Within seconds the men that had approached the Asian fellow lay dead or dying on the ground. This also stunned the men on horseback because they literally fled after witnessing the same scene.

The next thing that I was soaring above the village. I could see every detail beginning with the Asian man who was know cleaning his sword of the blood of the dying men around him, to the countryside, to the cityscape of the town in all of it's medieval glory and on and on. It was as if I were a helium filled balloon rising with great speed into the air. It was so exhilaratingly! And then I awoke with one of those "sit straight up in bed" type of awakenings.

So, to tie all of this into an even more uncanny experience for me this morning was what happened after I came downstairs to have my coffee. I was checking my email still somewhat groggily, and I noticed that I had a request on myspace to add a new friend. I was checking out this person's page, and they had a song streaming by a group called Melee. I really liked the song ( entitled "Built To Last") and I wanted to know more about the group. I opened Wikipedia and put their name into the search engine. I expected to find a page about their group but was given this instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melee


I was reading the entry and thinking, "Wait this sounds like my freakin' dream!". I then noticed the image that the entry had posted was even more astounded. It looked like a illustration of the scene that I had just witnessed in my dream! I clicked on it to get a larger view and saw this -



The similarities between my dream and the image above simply floored me. So, now I'm not sure what to think. What was my dream and why would I have such a strong visual reference to it in my waking world less than an hour after having awakened? Is there some message that I haven't caught onto yet? A Past Life regression? I'm going to think about this for quite some time and try to piece the puzzle together. Any help would be appreciated.
Always,
M

No comments: