Thursday, January 04, 2007

Saturday - in the park - I think it was the 6th of January..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For all of those who may regularly read this blog, let's say for arguments sake, perhaps, 3, it is not difficult to notice that I haven't posted an entry since ringing in the new year. There was nor reason in particular other than I simply didn't feel the need to do so. I had already decided that if I were to post a new year's entry, it would NOT be one of gushing sentimentality filled with with silly phrases about "the first day of the rest of your life" and "one door closes so another may open". There' s plenty of that verbosity to be found online especially when ringing in a new year. It always reminds me of the saccharine sweet type of phrases that wide eyed teenaged girls with big hair and cloud soft turtle neck pastel colored sweaters would write in each other's year books when I was in school. You know the type, the one's who always liked to draw horses and ponies on the back of their spiral notebooks.



I ended 2006 by attending the funeral for a friend and began it with a head cold, but I won't let such things set me back. My friend's exit from this world was as natural as his entrance and the head cold has begun to subside (thank you Alka Seltzer Plus). Also, the head cold has made my goal of staying away from the occasional/on its way to becoming habitual cigarette smoking nonsense that I left Kentucky with as a departing gift after my month long stint there this time last year much easier to uphold. Manifestation is easy, you just have to be precise in what you as the universe for especially when it comes to details on how you want it to come to you - that's the tricky part.

I intend to make this a year of onward and upward movement for myself on many levels. Besides, the weather forecast for this coming Saturday is sunny with a high of 69! In January, in New Jersey! 69!! Global warming or not, I'm going to the park with a picnic basket and a bottle of wine. Now that's the way to break in a new year.

No comments: