Saturday, July 07, 2007

When you think it's morning...but it's not

It’s 2:30 AM on the dot. I’ve been up since 2:00. Is it restlessness? Insomnia? Sleep boredom? I don’t know and at this moment don’t care - it doesn't change the fact that I am awake when I should be asleep.



What was I dreaming? It’s too fuzzy being either too close or too distant, or both, simultaneously. The night before last, I dreamt that I was wining an Academy Award for best supporting actor. The crowd went wild during my acceptance speech.



There were a few problems. Not only was I unsure as to what performance I was winning for, I was accepting the prize wearing work-out shorts, running shoes and a t-shirt. It didn't help my confusion that both the Academy and the media seemed only to know my name as "Mykhal Sprice". I guarantee you that if I were ever to choose a stage name - that would not be it. It sounds much too much like an Hindi translation for cheap men’s cologne.



I am going to try to slide back into bed. Wish me luck.

No comments: