Friday, August 25, 2006

Crazy dream...

Super odd dream story from last night. Dressed in running shorts, t-shirt, and athletic shoes, I find myself wondering the halls of some office building somewhere.
Though I could tell it was present time, the offices aren't exactly new. They were well maintained and clean, but not new. They had that look and feel of offices from the 70's - short shagged industrial gold brown carpet everywhere, warm yellow hued lighting, stolid burnt tangerine colored plastic and super shiny ever so slightly off-white opalescent tiling.





Based upon my interaction with other folks in the building who all knew me and greeted me by name, I must have been working there. It didn't seem to matter that they were all in business attire and I was dressed as if i were headed for the gym.

After walking the halls for a bit, I stop in the men's room.



So, I'm standing there at the wall urinal going about my business and who walks in but George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Now, of course, for me the dream has drifted into "nightmare" zone. "This is just great" I remember saying sarcastically to myself, since I am definitely not a fan of either men.



He looks at me and gives me that insipid frat boy smile nods and says "How ya doin". I nod back, and out of respect for the office of the Presidency itself (not, in this case, for the fellow who currently holds the office) I respond with a stern "Good morning, sir." I stare straight ahead and go about by business. Bush and Cheney begin to discuss something political ( I wish I could remember!) as if I weren't there. I remember thinking that whatever they were discussing, it wasn't something that I wanted to be in on and it made me very uncomfortable. I finish up, quickly wash my hands and leave without saying a word.



As soon as I opened the door to leave, I found myself walking up a street about a block away from the house I grew up in. I was till wearing the same clothes, but this time my shoes were missing and I had a sliver-grey back pack with me that was very heavy. I kept switching the back pack on and off my shoulders to distribute the weight. It' s lovely early summer day and I'm walking by the park that i spent so much time playing in. I walk by the house of one of the neighborhood kids that I knew and there are small bleachers set up in his front yard. There's a small group of people sitting on the bleachers eating muffins watching this kid and his sisters give some sort of speech. I walked by and continued to the house I grew up in. I pass another grey stone house which was adorned from top to bottom in a huge shiny red ribbon- complete with a bow at the top.



Though it appeared to look more like holiday decorations rather than a gift. In fact, I remember thinking that the whoever lived in the house had really jumped the gun on the holiday decorations as we were still several months away from Christmas. And then for some reason, I remember thinking that the person who lived there had this decoration up year round. It was a lovely house. It seemed to me to have been built in the 1920's or early 30's. The stone used were thick hewn roughly textured blocks of limestone that had darkened and weathered over the years. There were also beautiful crystal clear windows that ran that enclosed the entranceway/porch to the house. They were made of cut glass so that the sunlight refracted in prisms all about them. And the red ribbon made it just that much more lovely really.

After that, it becomes vague and I wake up. That was about 2 hours ago or around 5:00 AM. You would think that someone getting up that early had some cows or something in the backyard that had to be milked or something.



But that's not the case at all. I just like getting up early.

No comments: