Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Aint that nice...

I'm not going to spend a lot of time making excuses for why I've not updated this blog in 11 days. I've had a busy topsy turvy last few weeks and frankly, I can't wait for what has been a rather unenjoyable summer to fade away. I love autumn and am ready to start a new season. I will do my best to keep this blog updated as best as I can - especially since my dear friend Kathryn had informed me that she reads it with her morning coffee.

Today is August 22, 2006. While flipping mindlessly through the 8,000 digital cable channels the other day, I stopped for a nano-second on the conservative skank Glenn Beck's how to speak directly out of your ass program. He suggested that he had a feeling that something "big" was going to happen today. I hope that he is wrong as I am driving to New Jersey later this morning and don't suffer detours, road blocks, and traffic well. Perhaps the big thing would be for him to realize while staring deep into his own vitriolic eyes while shaving what a hate mongering self-important wind bag he is, but I doubt it.

Today also happens to be the 36th birthday of Giada De Laurentiis. I have seen her cooking show several times. I like what she prepares and have even incorporated one of her dishes into my own culinary repertoire. However, her physically big mouth frightens me and sometimes gives her a truly maniacal look.



Plus, she uses the word "nice" much too often. A big slab of salmon flesh isn't "nice". Angry perhaps and dead - and certainly tasty when prepared properly, but "nice", no.

No comments: