Wednesday, August 05, 2009

POWER WALK

I am glad to say that I have returned to my morning 2 mile power walks after a brief respite. I can't accent enough the benefits from them. When I say power walk - I mean, sweat dripping, leg grinding, move your ass power walk. Of course, I use some motivational music on my IPod Nano to assist in my task. Here is my current Power Walk music list -

  1. "Ain't No Other Man" - Chirstina Aguilera Simply one kick-ass song that no normal person can resist moving to. Love this tune! Love it. Once it kicks in after the first few seconds, it doesn't stop. Added bonus - it's dripping with sexiness
  2. "Bang A Gong" - T. Rex A classic. Sexy. Great beat. Great lyrics. T. Rex. Need I say more?
  3. "Can't Get The Blue Monday Out Of My Head" DJ Kris Extended Club remix - Kylie Minougue vs. New Order While I don't have a link to this remix version posted, you can still see why this is easy to move to. As soon as Kylie's "nah na nahs" begin - you're hooked.
  4. "D.A.N.C.E." Justice Mstrkrft Remix. My brother Nick turned me onto this great tune. First, it makes you move. Second, I love the sound of the British children's choir singing the lyrics a la Brick In The Wall only with a beat and pure fun. Watch the video and you'll be hooked too.
  5. "Don't Leave Me This Way" George Benson - Pure disco genius with almost orgasmic sounding lyrics a la the divine Thelma Houston. Possibly my favorite disco song next to and maybe ahead of Shame.
  6. "Electric City" Black Eye Peas Sound selector activate your transistor... Another great get off your ass tune.
  7. "Flathead" The Fratellis Oh what a great song with a super kick back to my post punk days with a heavy dose of the Violent Femmes tossed in for good measure ( think - Day After Day)
  8. "Love Hangover" Diana Ross - dance remix - There are a million remixes available to this fantastic and super SEXY song. Pick your favorite. The one I have a link to here isn't the one I use, but it's not bad. Not bad at all...
  9. "I'm A Believer" The Monkees A throw back to my childhood? Yes. Great to move to. Absolutely.
  10. "Paint It Black" The Rolling Stones. A throw back to my childhood? Yes. Great to move to. Absolutely.One of my favorite R&R songs of all time. Without. A. Doubt.
  11. "Poker Face" Lady GaGa Hot Woman. Hot Song. Hot Video. Easy to move to.
  12. "Renagade" Styx Some may think this is an odd choice - but after the intro vocal this kicks into high gear and stays. Another kick back to my childhood? Yes - but more like my early teens. Classic rock song.
  13. "Shut Up And Drive" Rihanna Oh this song is HOT. Great to move to! Now shut up and drive.
  14. "Somebody Told Me" The Killers Again - such a great song to pipe into your ers when working out. Great beat. Great lyrics. Great hook. Great chorus.
  15. "Stamp Your Feet" Donna Summer Love this diva and am so glad that she is still making music. This carries a steady beat for power walking. Uplifting lyrics - and come on... it's Donna Summer.
  16. "Talk To Me" Peaches - Oh do I love this song. Sexy. Great beat. This makes me want to shake my money maker - whatever that is. Seriously - it has a great beat to power walk to and feel good about it at the same time.
  17. "What I Like About You" The Romantics. A true classic from the 80's. I remember thrashing to this in the clubs in the way back machine. I wonder if my friend Helen still has those high tops that she had them sign after the show...

No comments: