Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Compassionate Grounds" WTF??!!



Lockerbie Bomber Freed On Compassionate Grounds
by the ASSOCIATED PRESS

OK, this may prove controversial, but so be it. I have been against the death penalty for so many years that I can't remember when I made the decision and I do consider myself a compassionate person. However, just because I am against the death penalty doesn't mean that I am against punishment for people convicted of heinous crimes. This man was found guilty of over 270 innocent people - people that just happened to be flying to Europe or living in Scotland within the crash arena. It could have been anyone of us or our loved ones. This man, in my opinion, should spend every second of his agonizing and painful condition behind bars where he belongs.

In my opinion, if you really want to punish criminals guilty of a crime worthy of even consideration of being put to death, throw their ass into some hell-hole prison for the rest of their days. While most pro-death penalty folks like the "cushy life behind bars" myth, all it takes it to watch a few real-life documentaries about prison life to see what it's really about. There's a strong chance that some of these people may not leave the prison alive in any case, and I can assure you that that death would be much less compassionate than lethal injection..

No comments: