Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Memorium...



I read this morning that Dominick Dunne died yesterday at the age of 83. I hadn't known that he was ill, so I found the news surprising. Most of my reading of his works went no father than the article he wrote for Vanity Fair magazine, which I found enjoyable.
As you can see from the article posted here, he had a fascinating life. I also was a fan of his son's (actor Griffin Dunne) work. He stared in some of my favorite films from the 80's including An American Werewolf In London, and the hilarious After Hours, plus he has remained active in film to this day.
I also found it if interest that Dominick Dunne was the father of Dominique Dunne, the young actress who played the oldest sister in the film Poltergeist. She was strangled to death by her abusive boyfriend shortly after the release of the film when she was only 22 years old. The tragic event sent shock waves through the film industry and altered Dominique's life and work forever.


In memorium
Dominick John Dunne
October 29, 1925 - August 26, 2009

No comments: