Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday and Calla Lillies...

Hey - it's Monday April 23. It's also been 10 days since my last blog entry. There were several reasons for the absence and it's rather difficult to pick one out over the other in terms of importance. I will state that one of the reasons that I wanted to stay clear of the blog is that , in my opinion, it would have been odd not to have mentioned anything about what occurred at Virginia Tech. I felt like processing that terrible event in my own manner. At the same time, there was so much media coverage about it, that it was overwhelming. So, I took a little break from the blog.

Besides April 16 being the date of that terrible event, it also would have happened to have been the 70th birthday of my now deceased father. In fact, I have more than one friend that share that same birthday.

I managed to have a rather productive week artistically and am almost finished with my latest work. The weather turned absolutely beautiful last Friday and it remains the same. So, before I spend the rest of this lovely day in the studio, I'm going out to plant these...

No comments: