Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Flickr Fav Wednesday

I ran across this advertisement on flickr.com today -



It's for Swift's Premium Table Ready Meats and it tells the story of Bill coming home for furlough. This inspires Mom to whip up a batch of Furlough Fixin's, which, ultimately is a plate of cold meat arranged about a grouping of "carrot flowers" which has been added to "glamorize the meat platter". Mmm - meat platter and carrot flowers. No wonder sis enlists as well before the end of the story. You should click here to see and read the large version - LARGE version

One very odd addition to the ad is this:


What the hell does that mean? Perhaps this is something that only folks who lived through WWII can relate to. It seems macabre to me.

In any event, I would like to post more here on several other topics, but I must get back into the studio. I finished this work yesterday -



But I have so much more to do. I will say that I fell in love with this cool news story this morning...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/04/25/habitable.planet.ap/index.html

It's very exciting to me and can certainly be the stuff of some great sci-fi. - an earthlike world where only half of the planet lives in light. Oooooo. What, pray tell, lurks on the dark side?

No comments: