Monday, June 19, 2006

Let them eat cake.

Monday afternoon. June 19th. I really have accomplished very little today, but accomplishing many things wasn’t high on my list as I have felt somewhat under the weather today. Sinus issues.
In fact, I’m not really feeling up to even typing this blog entry. So, I’m going to cut this short. Very short. I will say that I baked this yesterday from scratch for a close friend’s birthday.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/101275

I have made this cake; from “scratch” mind you, exactly 5 times in the last 4 years. Every time I do, those who taste it roll their eyes back in their head and swoon. It’s a decadent thing that involves a lot of work. It's also insanely rich as well (heavy cream, buttermilk, butter, dark chocolate and more).

We enjoyed this last night after Chinese food, many martinis, and poker. It was a fun birthday for him and fun for us as well. Now I’m starting to wonder if my malaise may have something to do with all of those martinis… and cake.

No comments: