Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Catching Up...

Obviously, I need to spend a bit more time updating this blog. Though, I’m unsure as to whether I’ve any readers. I’ve certainly not received any emails from readers demanding that I update. Just for arguments sake however, I’ll pretend that sometimes people stumble upon this blog. If that is indeed the case, I would much rather they stumble across a current blog rather than something stale and stagnant – especially since my name is attached to it.

So, on that note, now comes the time for me to place into digital ink here a solemn oath that I will strive to do my best to keep this blog updated on some sort of daily basis. I make no guarantees as to the quality of the entries however.
One of the things that I did this morning (that I like to try to do as much as possible when I can’t get into the gym) was to go for brisk walk around the neighborhood. There’s a very large and very well kept park not far from my house where I walk. I think, based upon experience, that the walk that I talk to the park, around the circumference of the park (which really is huge) and back home is about 2.5 miles. If I walk this briskly, I get my heart rate up for about half an hour, which is my goal.

This morning while on my walk I noticed the following things in no particular order. I’ll place them in list format because I happen to be fond of lists.

• A freshly smashed cantaloupe in the street
• A freshly smashed squirrel in the street
• A lovely little rustic bird house with a aged red roof perched in a garden of wildflowers
• An empty package of Funyons.
• A red, white and blue memorial wreath made of plastic flowers left in honor of local WWII dead.
• An empty M&M package in a shrub.
• A huge inflatable rat used by some striking and picketing pipe fitters at a local construction site.
• RIP Kid SIMON written in chalk on a stone wall.

Now, on a completely different note, I’ve been thinking quite a bit about reincarnation as of late.


(while this is a recent photo of myself, I am not actually thinking about reincarnation in this one)

I’ve had several recent experiences which I’m not quite ready to go into detail yet about here that have placed my on this thought path. I’ll only say that they have been rather fascinating and as soon as I’m able to understand them more clearly, I’ll place some information here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued. I look forward to reading that information when you're ready to post it here.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing more...

Anonymous said...

We check in daily