Sunday, March 26, 2006

Eh? Speak up boy!

Here it is late Sunday morning. I have to be back at the theatre in 2 hours for the matinee performance of The Importance of Being Earnest. The curtain goes up at 2:00. I must admit, we had a great show last night. The house was packed and very responsive. If you’ve ever been on stage performing in any way whatsoever...



you understand how important that is. I had a whole crew of friends in the audience which helped tremendously as well, not to mention my partner George who quite honestly praised the performance of the entire cast. Believe me; if he thought it was weak, he would have said so. We also had our beloved Marnie as a houseguest for the weekend. She loved the show and we her visit. Of course, I would probably feel a bit better now and much less fuzzy had I not stayed up to 1:30 AM drinking wine, eating and laughing with her and a few other guests from the cast. But, hey, that’s what weekends are for.



That is a photo from a scene from last night's performance. This would be ACTII where I first learn of Algy's visit. I'm on the right in the dark "mourning" suit. Now, it is time for me to chill for a bit before hitting the stage this afternoon. I must admit, I'm not a big fan of the matinee – for one reason, you have to speak so much more loudly on stage for the majority of the audience…

No comments: