Thursday, January 20, 2011

Xtras Café In Richmond’s “Carytown”

A couple of months ago, I became aware of a new hot spot in the “Carytown” section of Richmond called “Xtras Café” that just opened last September.

The place is off to a great start getting rave review after rave review in the Richmond press, including being named one of the best new restaurants in Richmond”  in the January issue of Richmond Magazine.

The reason that Xtras came across my radar is the fact that they have practically designed their phenomenal deco themed interior around one of my large-scale paintings entitled, “The Farewell  which was purchased from The Chasen Gallery a wonderful gallery with whom I have been represented for a number of years now.

xtarin
(interior shot of Xtras Café with “The Farewell” center wall)

xtras2
(detail of interior shot of Xtras Café with “The Farewell” center wall)

I’ve not had a chance to get to Xtras yet, but I have an artist friend who will be traveling to Richmond soon who plans to stop in and check it out. Based upon the reviews, I’ll make sure and do the same when I’m there next. I mean, after all, I already admire their great sense of taste! – Winking smile

Recent reviews online:  

Dining Out Review: Xtras Café

and

Xtras Cafe impresses with design, patio

No comments: