Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Amazing Work of Brad Elterman

I’m not sure how the work of Brad Elterman, the phenomenally gifted photographer with a golden eye who visually documented some of the most iconic entertainers of the 70s and 80s, managed to slip under my radar for decades. I find his work incredible.

These are not just random paparazzi fluff photos – it takes a keen eye to capture these moments and an highly skilled artistic eye to select the best of the myriad frames to release.

cherie
“I did several photo session with Cherie Currie of The Runaways. One day in 1977 I drove out to the San Fernando Valley to photograph Cherie at home. She was rather carefree during a tour of the family kitchen, placed a lollipop in her mouth and I took the photo. It is incredible how you can accessorize a photo session with a lollipop!” 
Photo by Brad Elterman

Visit his website and review his amazing work from his book “Like It Was Yesterday” here :

www.bradelterman.com.

You won’t regret the visit…

No comments: