Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lovely long weekends...

Usually on Tuesdays, I do the "Self-Portrait Tuesday" thing. I will get to that in a bit, but I want to reminisce over the lovely long weekend that I had which stretched from last Thursday until today.
Ah... there, I'm done with the reminiscing.
One of the fun things that did happen during my long weekend was the viewing of the film "Dreamgirls".



It was one of the things that George wanted to do on his birthday - so we went that evening. I must admit, initially, I was a bit reluctant to see the film in the theatre (having placed it in the category of films that I would catch on pay per view or cable). So, after plucking down 9 dollars and some change each for tickets we found ourselves in the theatre for the 9:45 PM showing. In fact, we were the only people in the theatre for the entire show which I found odd, yet quite enjoyable.
I'm here to tell you that I was blown away by the film! The entire production was truly phenomenal - and the performances by the whole cast were simply perfect. Jennifer Hudson's performance was truly amazing. Period.
Her on screen rendition of "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going" was every inch the definition of "show stopper". While watching it, I couldn't help but see comparisons to another Oscar winning performance by a young actress in her film debut, which also happened to be a musical...



Jennifer Hudson really was that good. Really. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I wouldn't say such a thing lightly. So, on my advice, go watch "Dreamgirls" on a big screen when you get the chance and see for yourself why she took home the Oscar.

Now, one of the other things that I did over my long weekend - was to rush Summer in my own little way...



I went blond. This is why I have had the same stylist for so many years.

No comments: