Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Those autumn leaves drift by my window….


Well folks, in case you were unaware of it, today is the last official day of Summer 2005.


The above image is one that I took last week at what my partner and I call the "Bay House". We call it that because the lovely Rehoboth Bay is about 7 feet from the edge of our back deck. This photo was taken at sunset.

I won’t say that this has been one of my more enjoyable summers as it has not. I spent the majority of this summer in my studio furiously painting in preparation for my shows. My partner George and I both also spent most of the summer dealing with all of the leaping through hoops that has to occur while attempting to sale this house while at the same time juggling the delicate china of attempting to purchase two other homes (we sold this one, and put the proceeds into a smaller place here and a second home in Philadelphia).

Now the process of moving from one house into two that are two hours apart from each other begins. But this is alright because I have this to look forward to…



And I must admit that I do indeed love autumn.

No comments: