Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pope Schmope. Same World View. Same Politics. Same Funny Hat.


If anything, the selection of Argentinian Pope Francis was a very shrewd political move with worldwide consequences.

Though I was raised a devout Catholic (but wisely left the church over 20 years ago), I find the fact that he will be revered around the world by people who actually consider him to be some fast track conduit to God a sad and frankly, pathetic, plight in my humble opinion. Any person who "'Staunchly Opposes Abortion, Contraception' and 'Believes Gay Adoption Is 'Discrimination Against Children'" is just another moron in my book only this time with a silly hat.


That’s actually a Dorito, but you get the visual pun don’t you?

The pontification of this man will not only ensure continued discrimination against LGBT people around the world, it will increase it. And, please pardon the pun, God only knows what else may be up the Vatican’s big, puffy oversized sleeve.

I know that I have friends and family that will find my words here offensive, but no more so offensive/terrifying than having a group of about ten drunken rednecks chasing you on foot around a few blocks screaming faggot fully prepared to beat you to death should they catch you - an experience that I have had by the way.

Some folks have praised this new Pope's crusade for the poor. As an artist who has toured the inside of the Vatican, I can tell you that there are literally countless and priceless works of art in every nook and corner that could easily feed a village of hungry people for a few years.

It was the first time that I have ever been turned off by a wildly impressive art collection because the hypocrisy behind it was so crushing.

popeschmope

Maybe when the Pope begins listing ancient works of art via Sothebys with 100% of the proceeds going to the poor, I'll sing a different tune. But, I'm not going to hold my breath...

No comments: