Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NRSC = Freaks

I am not from Minnesota nor have I ever been there (though I would love to visit one day and probably will as I do have friends there). I know that there has been a rather heated campaign between Minnesota senate race between Republican Norm Coleman and comedian Al Franken
raging throughout the state which I have been following somewhat from a distance.

I also want to state that I have been a fan of Al Franken for many years. I was first introduced to his unique comedy when he would appear on SNL in the late 70's as part of the Franken & Davis show. Years later I watched him as a celebrity contestant at a taping of Jeopardy and found him not only hilarious but articulate and very intelligent.

Then, several years after that, I became hooked on his radio talk show that aired for a couple of years on Air America Radio.

SO, you can imagine my disgust when I read about the recent low-down low-brow smear tactics that the National Republican Senatorial Committee has taken in a pathetic attempt to bring him down.

See for yourself here:

http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/norm-coleman-mails-rape-comic-book-to.html

No comments: