Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Busy Times

I have been so busy in my new position as Associate Director of the Rehoboth Beach Theatre of the Arts, that I've not had the same amount of time as I had been used to to partake in such activities as updating my blog on a regular basis. I'm not complaining, mind you, as I truly thrive on the challenge and excitement of it all. It's such a new project that there is, understandably, quite a bit of action always going on behind the scene.

I've performed in and/or have worked backstage with enough theatrical productions to have seen times of total chaos backstage. In fact, I've been in the middle of several just within the last several weeks as backstage manager with our current production. What's wonderful about working with such stage professionals is that together we ensure that the audience is blissfully unaware of any situation/s behind the curtain.

Of course that is exactly how it should be. "Suspension of Disbelief" is the term I believe...

No comments: