Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Is Traditional Painting Dead?



So, I've been up since about 5:15 AM. Frankly, that isn't unusual for me. But it didn't help my morning to run across this little article online. Check out the ( in my opinion) CRAP that was chosen for this "MYARTSPACE NEW YORK, NEW YORK 2007 COMPETITION" by clicking here... http://www.myartspace.com/contestresults/nyny07/

Now, let me get the record straight here - I didn't enter the competition, so this isn't a question of bitter grapes. This is, in my opinion, a case of "the emperor's not wearing any clothes". It never ceases to amaze me how many no talents there are out there that consider themselves to be "artists" simply because they love calling themselves that and are smitten with the "idea" of being an artist ( I've met countless numbers of them). Plus, the fact that there is always a cadre of artistically brain dead, overtly intellectualized, smug "in the know" cultural elitist ready to proclaim anything art (and purchase such) in order to keep this puerile movement afloat blows my mind!

You know, I've always found that the more you have to convince someone that something is something other than what it appears to be upon initial review, the more you need to re-examine it yourself (if it walks like a duck...).

Enough already!

No comments: