Thursday, June 14, 2007

refreshed. regenerated. renewed.

It’s been almost 3 weeks since my last entry. What does that mean? Well, it means that I have been busy of course. That, and a touch of simply not being in the mood. Today is Thursday, June 14, 2007. In what I’ll will assume is unusual weather, the temperature outside is a brisk 55 degrees fahrenheit, making it 67 degrees in the house. I slept with the windows open, all of them, last night and feel the better person for it this morning.

One of the events that colored my brief sabbatical from this blog was the opening of my recent exhibit, “Expressions” ( I didn’t choose the name) at the Chasen Gallery in Charlotte, N.C. The show was well attended and there seems to be some strong interest in my work. We had rather a whirlwind trip there and back and didn’t get to see much of the city at all, but we did enjoy ourselves from little we did take in.

One of the other events that took up my time was the redesign of my web site, www.SPROUSEART.com.

www.SPROUSEART.com

Here is part of a promo piece that I sent out via email. I still like these treatment, though now I have some post email blitz afterthought. When I used the terms, “refreshed. regenerated. renewed.” I thought it was a clever way of pointing out that my website has been totally redesigned. It made sense to me then, and it still does, now. But it seems that I didn’t take into account other implied messages. I only make notice of this now after receiving a response email from an acquaintance that I haven’t seen or heard from in a while. It read simply “Where the hell are you ???!!!!!”.

I’m still not sure how to read it. Now, its true that I haven’t seen this fellow in at least a year. We used to run into each other somewhat frequently at different art events at the beach. However, my schedule has changed quite a bit since that time and I’m not at the beach on a full time basis now thusly I'm not at the amount of art events at the beach that I used to attend. And, frankly, some of those events were so stiflingly pretentious ("emperor's new clothes" type of exhibits) that I've marked them off of my list.

I’ll assume that he was making reference to the amount of time that has passed since our last meeting rather than ponder the possibility that he may have misread my email and my ad line “refreshed. regenerated. renewed”.

Though, my mind does wander. Is it possible that he may think that I am the triple R that is being referenced? Could he possibly think that I just returned from a peaceful stay at the sanitarium (is that the correct term?I guess it’s better than what my parents called it when we were growing up - the “funny farm”). Or maybe he thinks that I just completed a few months in rehab or that I am a free man once again now having been able to finally remove the facial bandages after a lengthy recoup following a marathon session of plastic surgery.

Well, I guess I’ll know the answers to these questions if people at the beach begin asking leading questions - and they always do.


"It is better to be looked over than overlooked." Mae West

No comments: