Thursday, August 08, 2013

Love Italy? Here’s 10 Good Reasons Why…

About 5 years ago, I was fortunate enough to have spent close to a month in Italy. I fell in love with enchanting country the minute I got in the cab and began the wild, hair-raising drive through the streets of Rome to my hotel.

Like a thrilling roller-coaster ride through a cloud of beauty and history, I was enthralled and mesmerized by each turn.

venice07
“Venice Canal” ©2007 Michael Sprouse

A close friend of mine sent me this video called “10 Things We Love About Italy”. I have to agree that each of the 10 featured items are indeed easy to fall in love with.

Enjoy, but just don’t watch this if you’re currently dieting because your head may explode…

10 Things We Love About Italy from The Perennial Plate on Vimeo.

Trevi
Visual Artist Michael Sprouse at the Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy circa 2007

Sensation-wise, an artist in Italy is the equivalent of a kid in a candy store. At least, that was my experience. There I am in a photo take moments after tossing coins in the Trevi Fountain. And you know what that means.

So, Yes. I do intend to go back.

The coins were just insurance…

No comments: