Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In Memoriam…

et

It was with sadness that I read of the passing of Dame Elizabeth Taylor. There will be much written and spoken about her now that she has died and I won’t attempt to compete here. I can say only that I found her to be a true master of her art and a great and cherished humanitarian.

To this day, I find myself riveted by some of her film performances. In particular of these is her well deserved Best Actress Oscar winning performance as Martha in “Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf”. I have seen that film so many times that I have literally lost count. It is a timeless piece of movie mastery that will live in the halls of honor of film making.

I think I will honor her life this weekend when I am back at the shore with some good scotch and another screening of that astounding film…

Another brilliantly performed scene…

In Memoriam
Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor
February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011

No comments: