Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lover Boy, True Love, Be Mine

I can't believe that somehow I didn’t realize that today is Valentine’s Day until I happened to move the cursor over the time and date info. I thought today was the 13th. I’ve been scattered in too many directions.

Oddly enough, I’ve met several people over the years that had birthdays on this day (Happy Birthday Carl if you happen to run across this!). I always thought that if one had to have a birthday fall upon a holiday, that Valentine’s Day would be the one to choose. At least, if we are able to choose, and who knows – perhaps we are.

In any event, there are several projects that I must add to my “to do” list for the day now that I’ve made the connection. These would involve purchasing flowers, a touching card and perhaps candy, though both my partner and I are trying to lay off such treats. I wonder, can raw baby spinach ever be considered romantic?

No comments: