Friday, November 18, 2005

Get Happy...

Well, it seems that the days between my blog postings are getting closer and closer together. I'm going to label that a good thing.

The symbolic dust is beginning to settle somewhat from the moves and I should find myself on a more normal schedule. One thing that I did find the time to do over the last week while waiting for repairmen and cable guys was to read a good book.

The book that I read was "Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland" by Gerald Clarke.


This book was published in 2000. I had every intention of purchasing the book 5 years ago, but it was just one of those things that slipped further and further down on my to do list. Last Monday, while exploring the neighborhood, I found myself in front of the local library. I hadn't actually checked out a book from the library in years, and there I was, standing in front of one. I walked in, got my card, walked upstairs and saw this book standing upright on a shelf right in front of me.

If you are a fan of Garland, as I am, you'll love this book and understand how she became that troubled, amazingly complex and astonishingly talented person. You can find this on amazon.com by clicking here

No comments: